Livestreaming on Louper involves:
- Setting up a room
- Sending one or more streams to your room
- Inviting viewers to join your room
A room is where your stream is viewed and where you and your viewers can communicate with one another using video and text chat. The room interface is browser-based and works on desktop and mobile, so there are no dedicated apps to download or install. Room settings can be configured to suit your needs - you can enable or disable video & voice chat, password protection and other settings on a per-room basis.
Sources contain the content that you want to stream. A source can be:
- an NDI feed (Avid Media Composer and Premiere Pro both support software-based NDI output); or
- an SDI / HDMI feed (such as a camera feed, or the feed from an I/O breakout box); or
- your computer screen + sound.
An encoder is used to receive your source, encode it, and stream it to a room.
Louper supports various types of encoders:
- LBS: our powerful desktop streaming application optimized for streaming on Louper; or
- third-party desktop streaming software that supports RTMP or SRT protocols ; or
- a hardware encoder that supports RTMP or SRT protocols. Click here for a list of hardware encoders.
Encoder setup is covered in the setup guides.